Thursday, June 16, 2011

Keanu Reeves | Keanu Reeves Plans Haiku Collection | Contactmusic




Keanu Reeves is planning to publish a collection of humorous haiku poems following the release of his debut comedy book, Ode To Happiness, earlier this year (11).



The Speed star teamed up with artist Alexandra Grant to create the "grown-up" picture book about self-pity, which features lines such as, "I draw a hot sorrow bath in my despair room" and "I wash my hair with regret shampoo after cleaning myself with pain soap".



Now the actor is eager to write a follow-up in the form of short Japanese haiku poems.



He explains, "I hope we get to do another book. I'm considering another idea I call Haikus of Hope. Basically like, 'I want to kill myself' and go from there. Going into such a dark place that you can somehow surprisingly find the light at the end of the tunnel - but a nice end of the tunnel. Not the end of the tunnel... 'I hang from a cherry tree... I hang.'



"I'm gonna get deep into haiku, because often times people construe that in English it's five-seven-five syllables, but that doesn't have to hold true, so I want to play with the traditional Basho form. I like that: Haikus of Hope."


Keanu Reeves Keanu Reeves Plans Haiku Collection Contactmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment